These flapjacks are pretty tasty and something that can easily be rustled up in a few minutes. I often take them out with me and they are also good as an after school snack. You can adapt the recipe as you like, but over the years I have made it into a gluten free and dairy free recipe with the help of the right ingredients! I've listed these below to help you to find what you need. The chocolate chunks can also be replaced with chopped dried fruit and/or nuts or you can even leave them plain of you prefer.
100g dairy free spread ( I used Flora dairy free)
50g soft brown sugar
50g golden syrup
200g of gluten free porridge oats
Dark chocolate chunks (I used Waitrose own. Be certain to check that your chocolate is dairy free as some dark chocolate isn't)
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas 5
2. Grease and line a small square brownie tin.
3. Melt the spread in a large saucepan, then add the sugar, oats and golden syrup and mix to combine.
4. Stir through the chocolate chunks. I tend to add an amount that looks right rather than measure them out.
5. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake in the oven for twenty minutes.
6. Wait for the mixture to cool completely before cutting into squares.